Parents and grand parents
This program is also known as the parents and grandparents program (PGP)
Canada’s family class sponsorship program is inclusive of a stream which is completely dedicated towards parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Parents and grandparents approved under this privilege are eligible for Canadian permanent residency and may eventually be able to apply for Canadian citizenship.
The eligibility criteria for Canada’s Parents and Grandparents Program, the person must meet the following criteria.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of the country or an Indian registered under the Canadian Indian Act.
- Must be older than 18 years or exactly 18 years on the date of application
- Must be residing in Canada (necessary citizenship proof must be provided for the same)
- The applicant must have the requisite financial status which is also known as the minimum necessary income level for this program
- Has to sign an undertaking which guarantees the following
- To take financial responsibility of the sponsored for a period of 20 years
- To payback any social assistance benefits given to the sponsored families or its members for a period of 20 years
- For Quebec residents, the additional undertaking must be signed with Quebec provincial provisions
For all the above concerns, Lifetime Immigration is ready to assist you with all information, assessments and filing assistance!