OINP Tech Draw_July29, 2020
July 29, 2020 Tech draw:
Issuance of 1,288 NOIs under Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 1,288 targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates with Canadian work experience who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream.
Express Entry candidates with a CRS score between 463 and 477 were invited to apply for a Provincial nomination by the OINP.
Additionally, the candidates needed to have at least one year of work experience in one of the following NOC codes:
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
- Candidates need to have a profile in the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry pool;
- No job offer is required; and
- At least one year of continuous paid FT work experience or the equivalent in paid PT work in one of the 6 targeted NOC
After receiving NOIs
Candidates must submit their online application to the OINP within 45 calendar days of receiving their NOIs. The application is then processed.
‘’A decision to grant or refuse the application will be made in accordance with the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015 and its regulations’’ – media release by the OINP
How are eligible occupations chosen?
Ontario is helping to make it easier for businesses in the technology sector to recruit top talent from around the world through the Human Capital Priorities stream. The OINP engage with stakeholders across the Province through a survey and face to face consultations in order to ensure that this initiative meets the needs of Ontario employers. The latter give their feedback on their current labour needs and hiring practices which also include their need for specific communication technology skills and occupations.